Friday, October 10, 2008

BIONIC ARM MECHANISM


This bionic arm can do things like picking up fragile items such as a glass, just by the wearer just thinking about it. The arm is connected directly to the wearer, Jesse Sullivan's brain, so he's able to use it like any other appendage. The device weighs 12 pounds, and at this rate, I don't think it will be long to see a 'million dollar man' make headlines.
Electrodes intercept the limb's residual nerve firings and feed them to a computer embedded in the forearm, which then commands six motors to move the device's shoulder, elbow and hand in unison. Thanks to hand sensors, the wearer can even gauge pressure and fine-tune his grip.

bionic arm

3 comments:

Nisheeth Parashar said...

hy,
dont u think..it will giver jerk?compare the motion anatomically :)
take care, nice blog

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Clavicle Brace With Buckle

Keep Posting:)

Rajat Sharma said...

Thanks for sharing this informative blog, Your post is offering valuable information, and I appreciate the insights it provides. Also visit Vulcan Augmetics site for prosthetic artificial hand.